Friday, June 24, 2011

Life is like a box of chocolates...or is it dvd's?

Packing day part one has begun. I have packed up seven boxes and about 3/4 of our living room and yet there is still soooo much to do.(Of course, about five of those boxes are just DVD's) But I some how am able to constantly remind myself to just take it one box, room or project at a time. So far this little reminder has worked because I don't really feel that stressed. But that might be because I'm so sticking excited to be moving.

We are moving to another apartment but it's a little bigger with two 1/2 rooms, a fireplace(which we really don't need in tucson) and the best of the best....a washer and dryer!!!! I don't like doing laundry, but I really really don't like walking up and down stairs then walking across our complex with an arm load of laundry as if I'm a college student. So being able to walk into my hallway to a full size washer and dryer is like a little bit of heaven to me. We also have a nice shaded grassy area right outside our apartment for Julia to run round in, which was the final cherry on top of our new home sundae.

Now the question is how long will we be there. We are currently waiting for the air force bored to meet to find out if Brian will be accept in as an officer. Which, if he gets in, would be life changing for us all. Also another very exciting event to look forward to. And I really can't explain why I'm so excited about this one because I've always turned down the idea of being a military family. I just never thought it was for me. But perhaps God has changed my heart for the better. It would give our family opportunities that are hard to come by these days, and possibly most important make my husband happy with his job. I am already so proud of him for even going through the long process that this has been (think of trying to get into a University...on steroids). I think I want this for him more than I want it for any other reason. He deserves to be happy with what he does. He works so hard already at a job that he hates, and I know it's all for his family. So please, anyone who is reading this, send up some prayers and good thoughts for Brian to get in. He truly truly deserves it.

Add that to our little one that is expected in October and we have alot of God's goodness to forward. It is stressful at times but it is in those times I feel God telling me to be thankful. I really do have so much in my life that makes my heart so happy it can hardly contain it. To quote Veggie Tales, Madame Blueberry "A happy heart is a thankful heart."

1 comment:

  1. Hooray! New apartment! New Baby! New Opportunities! :D You guys deserve it all. And I know what you meant about the W/D. I finally picked my new place (sight unseen) because it was the most reasonable with a hookup for my W/D. I do not want to relive my dorm room living laundry days.

    Also? So EXCITED to see you guys next week! Even if it's only for a few hours. Good luck packing, I'm right there with you over here with that task.

    ReplyDelete