Friday, October 7, 2011

Swings and big bellies

This just in, Julia went on the big swing at the park for the first time today. The triumph in this lies in the fact that ever since shes was a baby she did not like swings. Not even her baby swing. So her willingly going on the swings today was a big deal. Hopefully this will stick, because who wants to be the kid at school that doesn't like the swings. In other news, I'm still pregnant!!! I really shouldn't complain because I'm not even close to my due date. And by not close, I mean I'm due on the 31st and it's only the 7th. But I tell you I am so done being pregnant. I have run out of things to do to get ready for this baby. I have run out cute clothes. And I just want to be able to tie my shoes again, thanks to Toms Shoes I don't have to worry about that much though. All in all it has been a very easy pregnancy. I should consider myself blessed. And I do. But I also have the "I'm nine months pregnant and want my body back, can't wait to meet this new little one" blues. Yeah, try putting that into a country song. I also want to be able to play with Julia in our usual sort of way instead of having to say "Sorry, mommy can't be a frog and chase you around the house right now." (Because if mommy were to do that, daddy would have to come pick her up off the floor).
But I know, with experience, that this too shall pass and I will look back thinking how fast this pregnancy went by and look back with cherished memories of the miracle of pregnancy and birth.
Until then, I will attempt to keep myself occupied by walking, walking and more walking.

No comments:

Post a Comment